It’s the Friday following one of the biggest political upsets in U.S., maybe even world history. Here’s a collection of stories to help you digest what happened this past Tuesday.
- Shockingly, Donald Trump outperformed Mitt Romney’s 2012 performance among black and Hispanic voters.
- Neither Clinton nor Trump garnered more votes than Mitt Romney in 2012.
- The rust belt decisively opted for a change of pace with Wisconsin, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Michigan all flipping from Obama in 2012 to Trump in 2016.
- 9 states had marijuana liberalization initiatives on their ballots and 7 states voted in favor of them.
- Colorado voters voted in favor of an initiative to permit physician-assisted suicide.